As part of our commitment to residents and their families, JFGH created the Bruce K. Smith Sibling Network on behalf of siblings through social, emotional and educational resources.
The Network provides:
- Educational opportunities unique for siblings of adults with intellectual and other disabilities.
- Meaningful gathering opportunities for non-resident siblings to network and connect.
- Social opportunities designed to enhance sibling relationships.
- Emotional support for non-resident siblings.
Siblink, a quarterly e-newsletter of The Bruce K. Smith Sibling Network, provides siblings with information about events, links to articles, personal stories and research that is relevant to both local and out-of-town JFGH siblings. Read the latest Siblinks below:
- July 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- October 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- July 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
The highlight of each Siblink issue is “Sibling Scribblings,” an article written by a fellow JFGH sibling who shares a personal story about the struggles and triumphs of being a sibling of an individual with disabilities. Read their stories below:
- July 2018: My Routine Life by Steve Krauthamer
- April 2018: Ari, My Lion by Aviva Spetgang
- October 2017: Perspective by Nick Cibel
- July 2017: Being Susie’s Brother by Joe Jolles
- April 2017: Everthing I Need to Know… I learned from my Brother by Lisa Cordell
- January 2017: There Should be a Secret Sign by Jill Zuckman
- October 2016: Transitions & Finding Balance by Dorrie Pilot
- July 2016: My Sister Was “Different” by Shakir Jackson-McDonald
- April 2016: An Honest Inventory: Guilt, Gratitude, Resentment & Acceptance by Grace Leonard
- January 2016: Man Plans and God Laughs? by David Fishback
- October 2015: Virtues My Brother Taught Me by Patty Aycock
If you would like to receive Siblink, please email email@example.com.
Are you on Facebook? Search Facebook Groups for JFGH, and you’ll find a private group specifically for JFGH siblings. Join the conversation!